• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Insurance

Hey folks I'm interested in learning what insurance you have for your clubs?

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I've been teaching for over 30 years and never had insurance...nor ever needed it. I must know 50 other instructors of various styles and we've had this discussion before..very few of them carry insurance either. None of us have ever so much as even HEARD of someone suing over an injury. Not to say it can't happen...

The key is to prevent gross negligence. In other words, don't do anythign stupid in the dojo. People expect to get bumps and bruises..and a little blood letting now and then. This is the martial arts afterall...not square dancing.

I guess the best answer is to do what you think is best for you.

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please..feel free to stand in front of them.

Student since January 1975---4th Dan, retired due to non-martial arts related injuries.

Just out of interest Montana, where do you train? Over here you can't really rent out a room in a gym or centre for classes unless you are insured.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

I've never carried any. Some of the clubs I've coached out of probably had it to cover the place, but not me personally. Now, I have a semi-private group and still don't carry any.

Just out of interest Montana, where do you train? Over here you can't really rent out a room in a gym or centre for classes unless you are insured.

Currently I teach out of my home in the garage, but I've taught in church basements, college/high school gymnasiums, a commercial dojo, 2 health clubs, my living room (that was interesting..), a telephone company's conference room, parks, fields, drive ways, alleys, back yards, swimming pool (water training)..probably a few more, but that's all that comes to mind at the moment.

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please..feel free to stand in front of them.

Student since January 1975---4th Dan, retired due to non-martial arts related injuries.

Some places can get you covered under their general public liability. It's what I usually do rather than arrange it for myself, as the premiums would be high.

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu