• advertisement_alt
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Rule I have...

IF it stinks, wash it!!

wash it perrmanent press, then dry it on low.

New uniforms, I wash with old towels in case they decide to bleed colour all over the place

Shaolin Kempo, 1st Dan (earned 3 July 2018 in China)

ITF Tae Kwon Do, 2nd Dan (earned 6 June 2009 in San Diego, CA)

Almost 20 years of martial arts training in total

Our instructor will somtimes mention something to students if their gi's are torn, wrinkled or just plain gross.

I personally will wear my gi two or three times for normal classes but I also wear a t-shirt under it to try to make it last a little longer. If its a hard sweating class, once is all I'll wear it...I don't want to be known as the smelly guy.

I change mine every class, you let that sucker sit out in your car for just one day and the next day you're sleeping and your wife tosses it right on your face. Yep, gross.

Cold water, hang dry is how I always do it (though sometimes if I'm in a rush I'll throw it in the dryer). To get rid of sweat stains, a mix of baking powder and water to make a paste, put it on for about 20 min, then wash it. For blood stains, hydrogen peroxide works best.

Kuma is that baking powder or baking soda?

If I sweat it gets washed and hang dry it does not matter how little or how much. That's why I have more than one gi and I recommended it to every one. I can not stand it when people do not wash there gi and instead of a nice white they are yellow or gray and give I have not washed my gi in over a week and we have class 4 days a week and no air in the summer and they think it great. I think its gross. Sorry I had to vent. :kaioken:

• 1 month later...

I have my studfent return to the main floor from changing "bacK; in the dressing rooms with their Gis. Then I have them fold it and using the belt as a strap, package everything in a neat bundle. many pareants tell me how this had made kids fold their other clothes when they hadnt before.

For washing, the common wash of "whites" or light colors apply. Not too many GIs can undergo too much detergents, as I had "lost" many in repated detergent washes. The quality of the GI makes a world of difference.

Sometimes I wonder if a stinky uniform is a secret tactic used by the wearer to weaken/distract his/her opponent thereby enabling the stinky-uniform-wearer to score more points during sparring matches. :-? :-?

:idea:

"Never argue with an idiot because they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ~ Dilbert

Sometimes I wonder if a stinky uniform is a secret tactic used by the wearer to weaken/distract his/her opponent thereby enabling the stinky-uniform-wearer to score more points during sparring matches. :-? :-?

:idea:

ROFL!!! It would work for me....I'd let the stinky win!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!