• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

???kenpo karate???

blood talon

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

There are many forms of Kempo/Kenpo which are very effective. Some forms of Kempo/Kenpo include:

Kosho Ryu Kempo (James Mitose)

Kara-Ho Kenpo (William Chow)

Karazenpo Go Shinjitsu (Victor "Sonny" Gascon)

Kajukenbo (Adrian Emperado - one of the 5 founders)

Shaolin Kempo (Villari's version and Castro's version)

Ed Parker's American Kenpo (Ed Parker)

Nick Cerio's Kempo (Nick Cerio)

All of these are effective, just finding a good teacher is extremely important. When I can, I will throw some links up for these.

I hope this helped.

Take care. :smile:

Chris LaCava

Jung Ki Kwan of Connecticut

"Man is born soft and supple,

in death he is hard and rigid..." LaoTzu

BT,

I believe there are other posts about Kenpo asked by others. Many of those posts have some extensive background about the Art. But as Chris said, the key is to finding a good school and instructor to teach you the Art. Good Luck!

Di'DaDeeeee!!!

Mind of Mencia

Sentry,

If I am not mistaken, there are a couple of books out on the art. Check with Amazon.com or any of the available martial arts magazines. You could also do a search on the internet which has info on just about anything. Hope this helps!

Di'DaDeeeee!!!

Mind of Mencia

On 2002-07-18 16:51, sentry wrote:

Does anybody here know anyplace or any books where i can read about Kara-Ho Kenpo or could somebody give me a brief style description? thanks

GM Sam Kuoha wrote two books about Kara-Ho Kempo. He may have wrote more, but these are the only two I know of.

"Chinese Kara-Ho Kempo: Volume One - Fundamental Practice and Technique"

and

"Chinese Kara-Ho Kempo: Volume Two - Secrets of Ki and Internal Power"

Take care. :smile:

Chris LaCava

Jung Ki Kwan of Connecticut

"Man is born soft and supple,

in death he is hard and rigid..." LaoTzu

• 2 years later...

I took from a guy up north who promised to "turn me into a blackbelt overnight"

I was foolish enough to give this man $300.00 for training videos that would take me from a yellow belt to a 3rd degree black belt + be a certified instructor.

Learn from my mistake. I blew $300.00 on a bunch of videos filmed at a dojo from a guy I had never met and who's techniques could get one hurt. Be wary of these kinds of teachers. Seek qualified instructors and ask questions. I hope this helps.

"The journey of a 1,000 miles starts with but a single step."

• 2 weeks later...

Shaolin Kempo (Villari's version and Castro's version) <--- what I take, I have taken from 3 of his highest ranked students and him personally. If you dont live in his area try to find one of his students they are all very well trained.

I took from a guy up north who promised to "turn me into a blackbelt overnight"

I was foolish enough to give this man $300.00 for training videos that would take me from a yellow belt to a 3rd degree black belt + be a certified instructor.

Learn from my mistake. I blew $300.00 on a bunch of videos filmed at a dojo from a guy I had never met and who's techniques could get one hurt. Be wary of these kinds of teachers. Seek qualified instructors and ask questions. I hope this helps.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. :(

Many instructional DVDs and videos can be very helpful - alongside instruction from a qualified teacher.

I hope that others will read your story and not waste their time or money on such schemes.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!