• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I had a student ask about finding a tournament for him to compeat in. He wants to find something with continous action. Not point and stop. He was also interested in some grappling tournaments. He enjoys it even though our skills aren't very high.

Anyone got any tourney's to recommend in the TN/KY area? General organizations that he can get into where he'll be under the sort of rules he's looking for? He's young and willing and able to do some traveling if needed to compeat.

Thanks in advance guys.

Kisshu fushin, Oni te hotoke kokoro. A demon's hand, a saint's heart. -- Osensei Shoshin Nagamine

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

For grappling, check out nagafighter.com

It's the main site for the organization. They keep an updated list of their tournies up constantly. There are always a few down your way or at least within reasonable driving distance.

No-gi is another grappling organization that runs stuff down south. You might try googleing them as well to see if there's anything in your area.

Good luck, and let us know what you find.

I use Karatetournaments.com

You can search for tournaments by organization or state/region. I prefer going by state. Then he simply calls or e-mails the hosts of all the tournaments he could go to and asks them if they have full contact or continuous contact events.

That's what I do.

• 1 month later...