• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The everyday driving "bumps" we experience

joesteph

My grandma is one of those people who decides she wants to switch lanes, so she does...without signaling, or even LOOKING.

I have no idea how she doesn't get into an accident every time she gets in the car.

This is why I never ever ever ever ride with her.

Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start. - Nido Qubein

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

My grandma . . .

I have no idea how she doesn't get into an accident every time she gets in the car.

I know someone whose grandmother insisted on continuing to drive into her eighties. Should she drive a family member, that person wouldn't let there be a second time. You could tell her till you turned purple that she was going to get herself killed, but she saw her car as her independence.

One day, one of her sons said to her that she was going to hurt somebody someday. A child could run into the street, she wouldn't see him, and she'll hit him. A car could suddenly brake ahead of her, she wouldn't be quick enough to stop in time, and she could send someone to the hospital--or worse.

That was it. That got right to her. She wouldn't drive after that because she didn't want to hurt anybody.

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu

Maybe some drivers don't use their turn signals is because their particular car doesn't have any because they were options on their cars model for that year, if so, turn that car in for different car with signals that are included...but...these drivers are just to lazy to flick a switch up or down. Wow, that's so hard.

:o

I don't know if it's laziness or ignorance or something else, but what I DO know is that it is DANGEROUS. Anytime I see someone make a turn without using a signal I beep my horn. Now that might not do anything but I'd rather draw attention to it than just ignore it. There are way too many car accidents that could be avoided if people would just exercise some caution and common sense.

"Never argue with an idiot because they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ~ Dilbert

This is an interesting video about driving drowsy. It concentrates on teens in particular, but teens actually have excellent response abilities; inexperience is usually thought of when dealing with a teen, but this video puts another spin on how they "just want to get home," a feeling which adults have as well.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/32774371#32774371

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu