New Here!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be maybe two years total for my Shodan. In my system we go by hours that you have made. It is in fact shorter than alot of systems but, I go to almost all classes possible. I have 4 colors to go through until I get my shodan, the last few take a while, but I know I will reach them fast because of all the classes I go through. :razz: don't blame me cause I love karate, and I missing it.

It's what you put into it...

1st kyu-Okinawa Shorin Ryu Matsumura Seito Federation

I can't say I agree with your grading system, that means anyone can 'buy' a black belt regardless of whether they earnt it or not.

I do agree that making attending x amount of classes part of being able to test for your black belt as well as being able to perform at that level.

It takes sacrifice to be the best.

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

Oh, of course there is much more to recieving your shodan than x classes. You must earn it. We are tested very presicely, we must even know the history of our org. it must seem easy to recieve our belts. But I must say we earn it, not buy it.

It's what you put into it...

1st kyu-Okinawa Shorin Ryu Matsumura Seito Federation

maybe your just a fast learner...ahem..VERY fast learner. Cool, good for you. I have 6 more belts left till black, and I've been in for a year :nod: just different systems I spose. Welcome!

You're only young once; you can be immature forever.