• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Why did you choose the signature you're using?

joesteph

Not everyone uses a signature on their posts, but perhaps most of us do. Why did you choose the signature you're using?

I found mine as a saying in a post on another martial arts web board, one of a number of sayings that were of merit to consider. I teach social studies on the high school level, one of my courses being philosophy. I thought that saying was especially insightful, even though it's anonymous.

How did you arrive at the signature you're using in KarateForums?

:)

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Excellent question Joe!

'I' do not hit, but, 'it' hits all by itself!!!

I want all of my actions/reactions to be automatic, without obsessive thought!

Proof Is On The Floor!!!

Either you can or you can't; the floor reveals everything.

:)

Edited by sensei8

**Proof is on the floor!!!

My signature is primarily dedicated to pointing people to various aspects of KarateForums.com. This includes links to our awards program, articles section, member of the month honorees and our guidelines. It's my hope that this helps more people to find these pages and to look at them, which will help them to derive greater enjoyment from the site (again, my hope :D)).

The second line is a link to our contact page encouraging anyone to contact me if they have any question, site related issues, etc. :)

Patrick

I'm not for sure, but I think mine comes from Napolean. Not that I'm a big fan of his, but his accomplishments can't be denied.

I feel that my signature is a "no excuses" comment. Your preparation will directly effect how you perform wheneven an opportunity arises. Some opportunities won't matter to us. Some will. And some, we won't have a choice in, and what/how we have prepared will be noticible in the results of the outcome.

Another one that I like, but haven't thrown in there, is "Luck is the residue of design." I like this one, because I don't really hold to or believe in luck all that much, good or bad. However, if you can prepare properly, then you can, essentially, make your own "luck," for lack of a better term.

And https://www.chiefswarpath.com, just because I'm a crazy mad Kansas City Chiefs fan. :D