• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

3rd Dan test

I wouldn't know a really special break you can do, DWx, although, oddly enough, I did think of ice. :)

I remember reading your article on breaking, and how you consider it important. It was well-written.

The best of luck to you on this test for 3rd dan, and if you have photos taken, please post them on the Photo Album. I'm sure we'd all love to see them.

:karate:

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

So I had my pre-grading on Sunday. Our pre-gradings are basically all day seminars where we cover all the material needed and we get told exactly what the examiners are looking for in each aspect of the grading. Out of the people testing there were no major problems so we finished quite early and got to mess about doing self defense stuff. Because its an association grading there were people there who I don't train with normally so I got to learn some new locks and throws/takedowns... Grading date's been set for October 4th.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

• 4 weeks later...

I passed :D. In the end I kinda chickened out on the breaking, and just did a multiple board roundhouse break as I'm competing next week and didn't want to risk any injuries. There were some pretty cool breaks from the other candidates though; one of the guys going for his 5th degree did a roundhouse with his instep on what looked like a large chopping board. Must have been at least 2" thick and was some sort of hardwood too.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

• 5 months later...