• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Japan Trip

I just finished a week-long trip to Japan. Prior to that, I went home to the States for two weeks, but that wasn't as exciting.

I went with my girlfriend and her parents, and her parents wanted to do a lot of tours. So, we did tours of lots of religious sites, shopping districts, and even the Imperial Palace in Kyoto. We even went to a Giants game (not the San Francisco Giants).

Among all the touring and running around, I made absolutely sure that we made it to the Kodokan. Gotta say, very impressive. After having been to the Kukkiwon, which wasn't that impressive, the Kodokan is a very nice, modern facility. I only got to tour the place really, but we'll be returning to Japan, and hopefully by then I'll have some Judo experience. The funniest part was that when I walked in, the guy at the desk assumed I was a black belt. He didn't think I would have come otherwise.

We also made one other very important stop. I bought my girlfriend an engagement ring in Kyoto, at a very lovely store. They hand craft unique rings. It will arrive in Korea this September, and we'll probably be getting engaged in the winter!

He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened.

- Tao Te Ching

"Move as swift as a wind, stay as silent as forest, attack as fierce as fire, undefeatable defense like a mountain."

- Sun Tzu, the Art of War

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Awesome, thanks for sharing this. :) Sounds like a great trip and best of luck to you and your girlfriend. :)