• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

A knives is your best weapon on the streets, I carry a knive on me all times. I have a Smith and Wesson neck knive with a fixed blade, it's real light and handy. I haven't used it in a fight or self-defense situation yet and hope I never do but it's always there just in case. I found a pic of my knive for you to see!

http://store5.yimg.com/I/fastknife_1707_12307646

Limits Are Not Accepted. They Are Elbowed, Kicked And Punched.

Most MA people I talk to seem to think the Bo (staff) is the most applicable, because they are readily available in many situations and very effective not letting the opponent get in close.

However I kind of agree with some of the notes here. You are far more likely to be using your fists and feet due them being available all the time.

Al

43 Years old

Blue Belt (7th Kyu) Shorin-ryu

Roberts Karate

Well if you got into a street fight any weapon would be better then nothing. But I agree A bo would be the bet if you know how to use one well without getting serious injury.

when you do your best it`s going to show.

"If you watch the pros, You will learn something new"

A Bo?

Where you gonna get a Bo if your in a restaurant, dance club, mall, school, walking outside, walking in a parking lot? The best weapon for the streets is a knife without a doubt.

Limits Are Not Accepted. They Are Elbowed, Kicked And Punched.

Restaurant - tray stand

dance club - chair

mall - cane from The Walking Co.

outside - a big stick

parking lot - o.k. maybe you got me. or maybe a tire iron

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, o.k. I know they aren't a bo. But my point is that you can apply the techniques you learn from the bo (our first weapon) to almost all other weapons. So, you may not be able to carry one with you, but you can still benefit from learning it.

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

A Bo?

Where you gonna get a Bo if your in a restaurant, dance club, mall, school, walking outside, walking in a parking lot? The best weapon for the streets is a knife without a doubt.

If you read my post again I said a Street fight not a resturant fight or a dance fight or mall fight etc... By the way the topic is about you get in a street fight not in any kind of fight (why don't you make a topic about getting in a fight anywhere what the best weapon would be? Just a suggestion) because then there would be better weapons then Bo to use if it wasn't a street fight it depends where you are.

when you do your best it`s going to show.

"If you watch the pros, You will learn something new"

Lets not forget pool cues, those are great "bo" related weapons :) You'll find objects around all the time that bo techniques can be applied too, as KSN pointed out, this way you can apply what you know to the environments around you without having to carry a weapon around all the time.

Goju Ryu Karate-do and Okinawan Kobudo, 17 Years Old 1st kyu Brown Belt in in Goju Ryu Karate-do, & Shodan in Okinawan Kobudo

Given enough time, any man may master the physical. With enough knowledge, any man may become wise. It is the true warrior who can master both....and surpass the result.

I AM CANADIAN