• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Who thinks that some tournaments cost to much?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I have never know of anyone to pay more than 50.00 to get in a 5 event tournament. (kata, team kata, weapons kata, sparring, and breaking. Which is only 10.00 per event.

Running a turnament have a lot of cost. Renting of the building, insurance, security, prizes, etc.

Then the reason most put on a event to to make the school some money so I have no problem in supporting other schools but I do not compete myself.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

I never paid more than $55 for a tourny. $80 is too much. That is a rip-off. I never heard of such a tourny that asked that much money (in TSD anyways, or the NY area TKD schools). Who in the heck needs that much for a tourny????

Laurie F

I agree that tourneys cost to much and that they are getting further out of control. The local bigtime tourney costs $45 for the first event and $15 for each aditional event after that( that is if you pre-register). The cost for, at the door is even more outrageous. We all need to make a living, but enough is enough. :kaioken:

"let those who shed blood with me be forever known as my brother."

Tournaments cost alot, compare to what you get out of it. Blackbelts compete first, then goes down in ranking order. Forms are first then sparring. So depending on your rank and division, you'll have to wait. The waiting is the worse part. And most regional tournaments are not organized and chaotic. Judges are in jeans and shirt. Partically, anybody can be a judge, even little kids. Of course the kids have on blackbelts, but thats a pile of ..... With national tournaments, they run like clock work and are very well organized. However, you'll have to worry about airplane transportation and hotel stays, which can add up to alot of money.

Canh T.

I often quote myself. It adds spice to my conversations.