• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Looking for the best UK instructor! New to Karate...

cagefilm

Hi all, Im new here and new to Karate.

Ive trained TKD, Wing Tsun, Kickboxing, Boxing, Muay Thai, and in the last 10 years have focused more on BJJ, submission wrestling and MMA.

I run a media company, mainly producing martial arts based instruction DVDs, filming tournaments etc.

So far, my film work has been centred around MMA/BJJ and Im now wanting to get involved with filming traditional martial arts instruction. Its just something that facinates me personaly, its more than just business!

So, my question is, are there in Karate - who would you recomend or who would you like to see instructional filming available with?

Are there any top instructors in the UK (my home!) that would be of world interest (guess this forum is worlwide)?

If you could train with any instructor (living) and preferably in the UK, who would it be?

Sorry for so many questions in my very first post!... my curiosity has led me to this forum. Good to see so many other styles reflected here, will make myself a regular!

many thanks - Tim

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

hi, welcome to the forums :) well, I know one such instructor that I have had honor to study with and that would be Sensei Ilija Jorga. He is from Serbia, but travels around the world, teaching karate.....

Humans say the Road to Hell is paved with good intentions. Why? Do they think there's a

shortage of bad ones?

Karm'Luk P'an Ku, "The Joy of Lucidity" CY 8633 (Andromeda)

I'm not much of a trad guy, and don't know what the scene is like in Britain, so I can't help you there. However, I can say welcome to the boards, looking forward to hearing things from your perspective.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi all, Im new here and new to Karate.

Ive trained TKD, Wing Tsun, Kickboxing, Boxing, Muay Thai, and in the last 10 years have focused more on BJJ, submission wrestling and MMA.

I run a media company, mainly producing martial arts based instruction DVDs, filming tournaments etc.

So far, my film work has been centred around MMA/BJJ and Im now wanting to get involved with filming traditional martial arts instruction. Its just something that facinates me personaly, its more than just business!

So, my question is, are there in Karate - who would you recomend or who would you like to see instructional filming available with?

Are there any top instructors in the UK (my home!) that would be of world interest (guess this forum is worlwide)?

If you could train with any instructor (living) and preferably in the UK, who would it be?

Sorry for so many questions in my very first post!... my curiosity has led me to this forum. Good to see so many other styles reflected here, will make myself a regular!

many thanks - Tim

MORRISSSSUUUUUU!!!!!

Check out Steve Morris. Over 60 and still arguably the greatest martial artist in the world...

...but he left traditional karate behind a while back...

Terry O'Neill is a good bet.

Cheers,

Eisho

• 1 month later...

Sensei Ronnie Christopher would be my suggestion. Runs his dojo out of Cocks more wood leisure centre in Birmingham. Twice world team champion, Silver medal in world championships and many other awards. More importantly an excellant instructor who is very approachable and ha a very good team around him.

• 3 weeks later...

Check out Mitsusuke Harada

"The only purpose for which power can be rightfully exercised over any member of a civilised community , against his will, is to prevent harm to others" (J.S Mill, On Liberty; 135)