• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

To Be A Kid Again!

I understand your frustration, Tiger1962... I'm just saying not to take it out on kids, that's all. It's just a part of life. There are an endless list of hobbies that a lot of other people won't get.

As long as you love it, that's all that matters. That's why it's your hobby and not theirs. :) I'm sure that the people you have to explain the martial arts to have their own hobbies that others might consider odd in some way, whether it be knitting or playing bridge or taking computers apart or collecting something.

Personally, I collect music released by Bad Boy Entertainment. I've spent quite a bit of money picking up rare vinyl, cassettes, promotional releases, international releases, etc. - even platinum plaques that I have on my wall! Some people may look at me strange, but I love it and it gives me a good feeling. :) That's all that matters.

Patrick

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

It's THEIR journey, not ours! Whether it's a kid or an adult...it's their journey alone! We're given the priviledge of witnessing their journey, therefore, we should be respectful to each and everyone. Respect begets respect!

One last note, when I stated in my OP... "Oh to be a kid...just one more time!" I meant this as a sign of respect because what I saw that day and from what I've seen in the past, our kids of the martial arts are SOLID! I miss my youth because I've forgotten what a blast it was to be a kid!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

I agree with Patrick. I have some hobbies that are tougher to explain to adults, too. I used to play Magic a lot, but only have gotten away from it because it gets pricey. I also still love to build with my Legos, and it is now something that me and my son can do together.

So in the end, I think Patrick is right. It shows up in lots of places, in some form or another.