• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Wills Clashing Violently!

Yes, but you have skill to go with your will. If you didn't have any skill, then it changes the arguement a bit.

It's possible! I do concur with your statement...solid.

I'd venture to add this...

The will to "escape" from this and that, CAN be enough to obtain what one desires; freedom!

When my skill/will meets an opponent who's will is all they have, I might find myself that I've bitten off more than I can chew, and even then, someone with the will of a Tasmanian devil who's wanting to escape, it's hard to deny this type of will...broken rhythum gone real bad!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I was re-reading Iain Abernethy's August 2009 Newsletter, and section 6 had the title "Extreme Impact with Steve Williams and Iain Abernethy." There was a statement from Steve Williams that I thought would go well with this topic:

I fall to the floor. I’m breathing so hard that my lungs feel like they are about to burst. I look down at my broken body. I can hear nothing but the sound of my pounding heart. I have a splitting headache as my brain screams for oxygen. My muscles are so exhausted that my body can no longer move. So it doesn’t. Mentally and physically I have nothing left. This is hell. And then it starts; like it always does: “Get up! Get a grip of yourself and get on your feet!” The inner voice. My will. My spirit. It’s the one thing that will never lie down and die. So I get to my feet and I do it all again. This is how I train. This is INTENSITY.

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu

I was re-reading Iain Abernethy's August 2009 Newsletter, and section 6 had the title "Extreme Impact with Steve Williams and Iain Abernethy." There was a statement from Steve Williams that I thought would go well with this topic:

I fall to the floor. I’m breathing so hard that my lungs feel like they are about to burst. I look down at my broken body. I can hear nothing but the sound of my pounding heart. I have a splitting headache as my brain screams for oxygen. My muscles are so exhausted that my body can no longer move. So it doesn’t. Mentally and physically I have nothing left. This is hell. And then it starts; like it always does: “Get up! Get a grip of yourself and get on your feet!” The inner voice. My will. My spirit. It’s the one thing that will never lie down and die. So I get to my feet and I do it all again. This is how I train. This is INTENSITY.

Nice, very nice. Thanks for sharing that Joe!

Nice, very nice. Thanks for sharing that Joe!

This is very nice, but I think it is important to note that it all comes from training.

• 1 month later...
The only physical aspect I know of that constitutes Will is adrenaline, and that will only get you so far if you are a trying to defeat a Judo Black Belt, for instance.

Let a Judo Black Belt get ahold of me, and where my skill might be lacking, my will to survive is akin to a tiger being trapped in a corner...I'm going to get out! Or...I'm going to die trying!

I've a noted skill, yet, I'm glad I've got the will to apply the skill where it's needed!

It's that die trying part that is of concern because that is an option.

"It is better to die for one's master than to fight the enemy."

- Hagakure

The only physical aspect I know of that constitutes Will is adrenaline, and that will only get you so far if you are a trying to defeat a Judo Black Belt, for instance.

Let a Judo Black Belt get ahold of me, and where my skill might be lacking, my will to survive is akin to a tiger being trapped in a corner...I'm going to get out! Or...I'm going to die trying!

I've a noted skill, yet, I'm glad I've got the will to apply the skill where it's needed!

It's that die trying part that is of concern because that is an option.

Is it? Hhhmmmm!