Lining Up and Bowing In

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have a 10 minute warm up usually a sempai but if none are present then the sensei will do it. After this thew Sensei will bring his feet together and as he does this he claps his hands against his legs and bows as do everyone else and sais 'Mus'.

Then evryone turns to the left incline and gets onto the floor in a kneeling position and bows agin repeating 'Mus' and then bow again 'Mus'.

At the begining of class the instructor will say "everybody line up!" We then line up with the most senior student at the front and far right of the line. Sometimes we make 3-4 lines with the front line having the most senior, the 2nd having the 2nd most senior etc. The instuctor (who is facing the class) will then say "daweit" and everyone will step with their left with their left foot into a squarehorse stance and for the kenpo salutation with the right hand in a fist and the left palm over it. The instructor will then say "chigom" and evryone will step back in to attention with there left foot and then bow. Class then begins. At the end you line up how you were and do the same thing except this time you stay in the stance while the instructor (or sometimes a student) shouts the kenpo creed at you (I'll post it if anyone is intrested). You shout back. Then you come to attention and bow. The instructor walks to the edge of the training carpet and bows out while saying "dismissed" The class responds "thank you, sir (or ma'm)" then class is all done!

You're only young once; you can be immature forever.

Our teacher calls us to line up. We all stop what we are practicing to line up, or they'll let us finish, then we line up. We all stand at attention. "Seiza" we are instructed, and sit and obey. "Musqua ( forgive me, I can't spell very well in japanese.)" , We meditate. We then stand up, recite the creed together. Then stretch out, line up again, and our instruction begins. I would go further ,but I don't understand if you are talking about a kata or kumite class. At me old school, we used to kneel, put on our belts. Bow into class, stretch, then, take class. At the end, we'd bow out really strangely.

:karate:,

Dee

Dee C.

Normal ( 'nor-m&l)-

an adj. used by humans to stereotype