• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Gradings

moobrack

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I don't know if I will ever wear a black belt since I currently unsure about continuing in karate.

However, I expect a black belt to have a good mastery of the basic and he/she should know quite a few things about the art.

My original goal was to reach black belt not so much for getting the black belt but being self suficient and being able to continue to work on my own and work on my own.

• 2 years later...
I think a grading should entail the following:

-test of physical discipline (eg: ability to ignore pain to a degree)...

-near technical perfection of every technique.

-harsh discipline to anyone who does not act as if they are taking the grading seriously.

-a fail grade to anyone who is not physically and mentally adequate for the position of black belt.

That's what i reckon anyway...

Angus :karate: :up:

I know what you mean but if it true black belt beeing the begining of a new stept perfection is far from from a black belt. What make a real good black belt ,is the way he teached or transmit what he's learded

Mario

I don't train for belt color I train to survive on the street

:karate: In my dojo the black exam is in 3 parts, 1st you have to do everithing you've learnd so far (kata all of them plus all the techniques) 2'nd you need to teached a whole class see if you are abble to transmit what you know to others,3'th like in every dojo you need to do the kumite part which is to meet all black belt for a 2 minutes round which is sometime over 30 minutes long.

I don't train for belt color I train to survive on the street

Good luck in your grading. I know my grading for Shodan was tough, even though my subsequent gradings were tough I had a better idea of what to expect. For shodan my grading was 5 1/2 hours. Technique had to be almost flawless and the stamina definitely had to be there. I received a cracked rib during sparring and still had to finish my grading with Sanchin. That's when I truly realized what Sanchin kata practice could potentially do for you. I was so into it, I didn't feel the testing at all. Although life sucked for about 3 days afterwards. Again good luck, or congratualations, or better luck next time. Whichever is the case.

A block is a strike is a lock is a throw.

Sorry for my English.

I expect a black belt dan grade will be fast wise and nice like me whoa!!! yeah hahah

I am still training however, having dabbled in Shotokan and Shotokai Karate. I am please to report that Kenshukai is one of the strongest and most disciplined styles ( i did not write this)

In Kunibakai Motobu-ha Shito-ryu we have to know about Kobudo, specially about the Bo, so we do Bo training a lot. That's one part of our grading.

Second part is katas, basics, kumite and terminology.

Kill is love

But Wado-ryu gradings are really difficult! Specially the Black Belt dan gradings. Fortunately, my club just changed style and went over to Motobu-ha Shito-ryu, lol, so good luck to the rest of the wado-ryu karatekas in the world with their dan gradings. :wink: :D :P :lol:

Kill is love