• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

NEED HELP ON Shoes!

Hello everyone. For those of you that wear martial art shoes, or wrestling shoes for your marital arts. I’m looking to invest in the next week or so b/c my adidas are breaking quickly. I’d like to know:

-What brand has worked best for you?

-What style has worked best for (ie: laces or slip on. Low, mid or high top)

-Brands I’ve considered: Nike Speedsweep VI, Nike Speedsweep VII Three-Quarter, Asics Matflex, and Mooto Metal Warrior Footwear Shoes, and Ringstar® Flex Martial.

-Where to buy them? Im seeing mostly online this time of year.

-Any other suggestions UNDER $50. I can’t find any more adidas, and puma. Maybe Im looking in the wrong spot?

Blue Belt/Stripe in Shaolin Ch'uan Fa

5 Animals

Ju-Jitsu

"Be Hard as Earth, Fight like Fire, Move like the Wind, and Flow like Water"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Adidas have always been good for me but I only wear TKD type shoes. Right now I have a pair of their Adi-Luxe and their TKD 2000 shoes. The Adi-Luxe are great for training outside and give a decent amount of support to the foot, however they are slightly heavier and the grip is far too good. Can't slide in them and pivoting is difficult because they just grip the floor really well. For normal training the TKD 2000 ones are better but they don't offer that much support to the foot. If you're going to go with the low top TKD style shoes, I would go with no laces if you can but you need to make sure that the shoe is a good fit. For wrestling shoes I guess you'd need the laces to keep them in place.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

Mooto shoes have gotten a lot better quality-wise. It would help a lot if you told us what exactly you're looking for MA shoes for. If you're looking for TKD shoes, then you can go with the bigger names, Mooto and Adidas are the best. Lecaf is a Korean company that's popular in Korea, but not abroad. They can be had for a good price in the US. If you're looking for shoes for a different martial art, then it would be good for you to talk to your instructor to see what he suggests.

He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened.

- Tao Te Ching

"Move as swift as a wind, stay as silent as forest, attack as fierce as fire, undefeatable defense like a mountain."

- Sun Tzu, the Art of War

• 2 weeks later...