• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Patches on gis

the beast

In my karate we have a organization patch which is the family crest of one of the founders of my style and that its. I like patches, it would be cool if everyone had a flag on their right shoulder to show what country you are from.

Just a quick question, you mean the founder of your association? or the founder of Goju-Ryu Karate?

It is the family crest of the founder of Go-Ju Ryu - Miyagi Chojun

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

That's interesting. I don't think I've ever seen another Goju-Ryu school do that.

He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened.

- Tao Te Ching

"Move as swift as a wind, stay as silent as forest, attack as fierce as fire, undefeatable defense like a mountain."

- Sun Tzu, the Art of War

My tournament gi doesnt have anything on it, but my main practice gi has an instructor patch on the arm and our school's patch on the chest. my 'fancy' gi also has my name embroidered opposite the patch. It's not too much, and none of them really bother me.

“Studying karate nowadays is like walking in the dark without a lantern.” Chojun Miyagi (attributed)

https://www.lanterndojo.com/

https://karatenobody.blogspot.com/

• 3 weeks later...

I just got 2 patches from my sensei, one is the school badge, and the other is an organisation patch. I aint too sure if its compuslsory to have them on my Gi, if they are then I guess I will have to put them on, but my only problem is the Organisation one is big and ugly looking, so Im hoping I dont have too haha. The school one will look good when its on, but that organisation one....yeah....not so good!

"Wisdom.....Knowledge.....Discipline"

• 1 month later...