• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Went to a Shotokan class yesterday

Megamad

I went to a Shotokan Class Last week,

I thought the Instructor was a Very Good Instructor, Had full comand of the classs at all times, The Kata we did, upto Bassai Dai after a series of Kihons. I found the Kata awkward especially some of the stances as I've been used to practicing them the WADO way.

Very good would recommend it to anyone.

"Challenge is a Dragon with a Gift in its mouth....Tame the Dragon and the Gift is Yours....." Noela Evans (author)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As shotokan student myself, the only problems I see people have from TKD is kicking. TKD students do not turn their back foot all the way.

I don't quite follow what you mean by "do not turn their back foot all the way. Could you elaborate please?

i believe he means the standing foot does not pivot all the way. so i'm assuming he means the TKD practioner is constantly torquing the knee whenever he throws a kick because of its limited/locked position.

As shotokan student myself, the only problems I see people have from TKD is kicking. TKD students do not turn their back foot all the way.

I don't quite follow what you mean by "do not turn their back foot all the way. Could you elaborate please?

i believe he means the standing foot does not pivot all the way. so i'm assuming he means the TKD practioner is constantly torquing the knee whenever he throws a kick because of its limited/locked position.

If that is the case, it has more to do with the instructor, and not the style itself. I have always been taught to pivot my base leg, and I still stress it to everyone I teach how to kick.