• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I may be wrong, because I don't practice Chinese martial arts, but I'd probably place my bets on Wushu if you want something acrobatic. And since you're new, I know this isn't my job, but why don't you post an introduction in the Introductions section of the forum?

In any case, nice to meet you. I hope you find whatever you need on the forum, and maybe someone who is much more experienced than myself with the Chinese martial arts can help you a lot more.

He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened.

- Tao Te Ching

"Move as swift as a wind, stay as silent as forest, attack as fierce as fire, undefeatable defense like a mountain."

- Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Just so that there is no confusion from isshinryu5toforever's post, I wanted to say that I moved this from Chinese Martial Arts to Getting Started in the Martial Arts. No worries. :)

wadebill, welcome to our community. :) It might be helpful if you talked a little bit more about what you want in an art and also tell us what arts are available in your area.

Thanks,

Patrick

I've seen some sects of Kuk Sul Won that are pretty acrobatic in nature. I'd also look into Capoeria. Maybe ask Justice Zero about it more specifically.

If you are more interested in the sheer gymnastics aspect of something, you might check out XMA stuff. I know next to nothing about it, but youtube is your friend in such things.

Any school that does XMA, Capoeira Regional (Angola isn't particularly acrobatic, even though the positions may seem rather exotic), Wushu, or just go to a gymnastics class. What are you looking for acrobatics specifically for?

"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - Baleia

Any school that does XMA, Capoeira Regional (Angola isn't particularly acrobatic, even though the positions may seem rather exotic), Wushu, or just go to a gymnastics class. What are you looking for acrobatics specifically for?
I agree. These are good choices for some acrobatics.

Welcome to the Forums. :karate: