• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

TheArtofDave Introduction

Hello everybody, I trust all of you are well, and for those who are not, I do hope things get better for you.

I'm Dave. Originally my interest started in Shotokan. Mainly because at the time, that is all that was around when I was a kid. I had just started and I didn't finish, which is now driving me to succeed in another art. I found it to be too awkward for me when I later to tried to go back to it to complete where I failed. It didn't work out that way and I'm happy for several reasons. 1) Later, I discovered the art of PasaRyu, and while I didn't finish that either after I graduate tech college I am going back, and I will be getting my black belt in 2 to 3 years. Once I have it I'm not stopping there. I want to get to 9th degree. Knowing that it's going to be a challenge that doesn't surprise me. But if I also want to cross train in Isshinryu, and will have to make the trip to Knoxville. I figure if I have a knack for teaching that I can teach the blended styles of Pasaryu, and Isshinryu. Although I'd have no idea what they'd be called if you blended them as an extended cirriculum. I'm getting way ahead of myself though. I'm going to take this one step at a time. Work heating & air, and overcome myself with a style I truly love. When I was taking PasaRyu I love the style, and all the forms, and stances. Then their building closed, and I got lost. But I know where the new building is now (right next to the old one) So I can refuel the passion I had, and I've been a martial artist all my life. I've always loved the martial arts, and that has made me critical of other ma related sports. Even things that may be inspired by ma but I love it. I love that I am that way because I don't just accept anything I see.

I don't know whether I wear my gi from a few years ago, or get another one. I was taking from John Wade, and it looks like he is a 3rd degree in tkd, and maybe a 5th or 6th in Pasaryu. I forget and would have to look it up to make sure I am not catching myself in an error. Anyway I'm here to post, learn get back to the korean art I love so much. :P [/i][/b]

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt