• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Te Waza (Te Wasa)

Vierna

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Fwiw though, Shingo Ohgami has a section in his book (Introduction to Karate) entitled "Hand Techniques", in which he explains that attacking techniques using the hand can generally be divided into:

Tsukiwaza - Or thrusting techniques ie front punches or strikes that are delivered like a piston to their target with the wieght of the pody directly behind the thrust.

Uchiwaza - Or techniques with an angle between the attacking technique (shuto or Uraken for example) and the arm. Unlike Tusuki Waza the full weight of the body is not directly behind the technique, rather the striking hand makes a circular movement around the elbow/shoulder.WNM

I think that WNM has a good suggestion here. I imagine just with these two classifications, you could get a lot of writing material for hand techniques. Applications, what and why, of each of these two types might be a good place to start.

Fwiw though, Shingo Ohgami has a section in his book (Introduction to Karate) entitled "Hand Techniques", in which he explains that attacking techniques using the hand can generally be divided into:

Tsukiwaza - Or thrusting techniques ie front punches or strikes that are delivered like a piston to their target with the wieght of the pody directly behind the thrust.

Uchiwaza - Or techniques with an angle between the attacking technique (shuto or Uraken for example) and the arm. Unlike Tusuki Waza the full weight of the body is not directly behind the technique, rather the striking hand makes a circular movement around the elbow/shoulder.WNM

I think that WNM has a good suggestion here. I imagine just with these two classifications, you could get a lot of writing material for hand techniques. Applications, what and why, of each of these two types might be a good place to start.

Not mine, Mr Ohgami's.

But thanks anyway.

WNM

"A lot of people never use their initiative.... because no-one told them to" - Banksy

https://www.banksy.co.uk

heh, I sent my Beta work (so to speak) to my Senpai, to take a look and tell me if I did something wrong... Now Im waiting for his replay... If he says its good, Im gonna make some finishing touches, and print it... If he says its not good, well then, its "back to the drawing board" xD

Humans say the Road to Hell is paved with good intentions. Why? Do they think there's a

shortage of bad ones?

Karm'Luk P'an Ku, "The Joy of Lucidity" CY 8633 (Andromeda)

Not that you created it, but you did suggest it, and I think it would be a good way to start classifying. Good suggestion. ;)

Cheers anyway,

I'll thank Mr Ohgami for you personally next time I train with him :)

WNM

"A lot of people never use their initiative.... because no-one told them to" - Banksy

heh, I sent my Beta work (so to speak) to my Senpai, to take a look and tell me if I did something wrong... Now Im waiting for his replay... If he says its good, Im gonna make some finishing touches, and print it... If he says its not good, well then, its "back to the drawing board" xD

Vierna,

As my old sensei used to say to me - "michi-san, it's what you do on tatami that counts".

At shodan (for example), you've just got to demonstrate to the examination board, that you have started to apply thought to your karate.

They don't expect you re-write the Bubishi.

WNM

hehe I know, but Master Ilija Jorga, as well as my Sensei will be grading this, so I want it to be as best as I can write it :)

Senpai saw my work and he said its pretty good, but I had couple of mistakes... Im gonna correct them and take my work to Sensei on Sunday :)

A big "thank you" for everyone who replied ^_^

Humans say the Road to Hell is paved with good intentions. Why? Do they think there's a

shortage of bad ones?

Karm'Luk P'an Ku, "The Joy of Lucidity" CY 8633 (Andromeda)

Not that you created it, but you did suggest it, and I think it would be a good way to start classifying. Good suggestion. ;)

Cheers anyway,

I'll thank Mr Ohgami for you personally next time I train with him :)

WNM

:) Sounds great. :)