• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

A testing I will go, A testing I will go, lalala...

This test covers 3 seperate days, it's NOT a closed-door test

One of the Board of Regents brought something to my attention this afternoon. The testing room will be packed!

"Huh?" was my response.

"Think about it. It's not everyday that someone tests for a Hachidan, let alone a Hachidan in Kobudo. More importantly, it's not everyday that someone gets to watch the Kaicho/Hombu Chief Instructor TEST! The room will be packed" says the member of the Board of Regents.

"Do I get a percentage of the door?" was all I could say at that time.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • 3 weeks later...

Our annual testing cycle is complete. I beleive that all of the candidates did very well and I'm very proud of all of them! Most did well, while some will have to re-test next year. Our Dai-Soke was pleased across the board with the entire event, especially with every testing candidate.

My test is complete! I've learned along time ago, don't assume anything at testing cycles because while one might think that they did great during the tests, one can still fail! I've failed a few of them when I thought for sure I aced the tests. I'll get the results tonight at the awards banquet!

At the conclusion of my test my Dai-Soke asked me how I thought I did; "Sir, fine, Sir!". This is all I said, which he replied, "We will see!"

• 2 weeks later...

At the conclusion of my test my Dai-Soke asked me how I thought I did; "Sir, fine, Sir!". This is all I said, which he replied, "We will see!"

Second times a charm, in my case...I finally passed! I failed my first Kobudo Hachidan test in 2007.

NO MORE TESTING FOR ME...EVER! [Thank God!]

• 2 weeks later...