• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Well...I Like...

What type of Martial Arts books do you enjoy the most?

For me, it's books that deal with alot of martial arts/styles history...the older the history the better.

This topic, imho, ISN'T like "Sticky: Martial arts research library" that's at the very top of this forum because that topic asks for book titles. I'm asking for BOOK TOPICS!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Mainly technical manuals at this point. Preferably ones that are drill heavy for specific skills.

Although I think there are some mindset books out there that should come first.

Ones about arts or approaches to/applications of the arts which I am not familiar with. Most books are frustrating because they claim to be generic, then aren't.

"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - Baleia

Two in particular I like are "Yoga for the Martial Artist" and "Martial Arts for Over 40" :D

"Never argue with an idiot because they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ~ Dilbert

I'll read just about anything, but unfortunately, I have to be a touch selective when it comes to buying, due to my lack of sufficient funds.

I really like to read on historical aspects of different styles and methods, and I also like applications-based stuff.

I love history books- but my 'collection' (as small as it may be) covers techniques as well. I don't know if I favor one over the other.

Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.

~Theodore Roosevelt