• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Super Style

If you were going to make a hybrid martial art, which styles would you use and why? I would use: Okinawan Karate-striking

Brazillian jui-jitsu-ground fighting

Judo-grappling

Ki Kung-energy manipulation.

I just thought this was an interesting topic.

If you can't laugh at yourself, there's no point. No point in what, you might ask? there's just no point.

Many people seem to take Karate to get a Black Belt, rather than getting a Black Belt to learn Karate.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would use Kenpo/Kempo for it's striking ability. TKD or any other Korean art for it's kicking ability. Aiki-jujitsu for it's joint manipulation. BJJ for grappling. Chi-Kung for Chi development. Plus a little Bio-engineering to be able to put the SUPER STYLE together :lol:

Di'DaDeeeee!!!

Mind of Mencia

:lol: Ki kung? :lol: Yeah it's chi kung, or qi gong, or chi gung, but not ki kung, and you don't manipulate energy in chi kung, you cultivate it.

If I were to, I would probably do this...:

Wing chun for hands

TKD for kicks

BJJ for grappling

Tai chi for health and chi

ninjutsu for weapons.

I WISH I could do all those arts..

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, for the most essential things are invisible to the eye.

I would use Panantukan for punching(Filipino boxing type style but uses things other than hands)

I would use Pananjakman and Sikaran for kicking(both Filipino kicking styles)

Dumog(filipino grappling) and BJJ for grappling.

Arnis for weapons.

Tai Chi for energy stuff.

"Live free.

Die well..."

I'd use TSD or TKD for the kicking, Kenpo or Combat Hapkido for self defense, jujitsu or judo for ground fighting, a little boxing ..... I don't know much about weapons to pick an art for that. Maybe arnis, but I donno much about that either.

Laurie F

Muay Thai for stand up fighting, with Wing Chun also for stand up and trapping. BJJ and wrestling for throws, takedowns, and grappling. Taiji Quan for cultivation of chi. :smile:

Jack

Currently 'off' from formal MA training

KarateForums.com

sorry, I thought chi kung was Japanese,(ki) rather than Chinese(chi).

If you can't laugh at yourself, there's no point. No point in what, you might ask? there's just no point.

Many people seem to take Karate to get a Black Belt, rather than getting a Black Belt to learn Karate.