• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

spinning heel kick

Have gotten better with spinning heel kick. What you describe '96 sounds like just what I need to help me bring my side kick higher. I can kick about mid chest with not much problem. Any higher and it gets harder to kick and sloppy. Thanks for the help.

As you get higher be careful not to hyper-extend your supporting leg....a common problem that can effect balance and create undue stress on the knee. Focusing on using the ball of the foot as your pivot point can help. It also helps to think about reaching towards your target with your foot as you execute the kick-a mental exercise that helps to keep your hips over your base instead of shifting backwards and changing your balance point.

8)

The avoidance of hyper extension of the knee is a big problem! This is great advice, along with the need to keep balance. The knee issue created often occur over long periosds of incorrect technique. Without rotating the planted foot enough there is abnormal stress on the groin and the quad tendons, which will expose the knee to torque and its ligaments to serious injury.

Peace!

"It is better to die for one's master than to fight the enemy."

- Hagakure

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt