• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Jean Claude Van Damme- the real man

Who is he? People say he was a karateka, some people say he wasn't, sources on the internet say he was even the Eureapon karate champion at one point.

Does anyone know AS A FACT if he was a martial artist or not. I made this post just to make sure once and for all who heis. So many people bad mouth him and he looks like a very good martial artist even if it is the films. I personnaly beleive he did do karate.

Look forward to your replys

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

http://www.thespiannet.com/actors/V/vandamme_jeanclaude/index.shtml check this article out of his biography..hes not in the hollywood limelight anymore..but lets see if he can clean up his act and make a comeback :up:

Javier l Rosario

instructor taekwondo/hapkido

under master Atef s Himaya

"whenever youre lazy enough not to train .someone, somewhere is training very hard to kick your *"

WHOOOAAAA!!

I knew he was for real! I think hes just made a film or something. Anyway I'll never stop beleiving in this great Martial Artist.

Great Signiture taezee, very motivating when I tend to get lazy when training.

Thanks everyone for you input and hopefully everyone that has put him down will see that this guy is for real.

:karate: :nod:

:smile:..hmm..lolz..this post has my name ALL over it.

Van damme started shotokan at the age of 11.He done ballet to help is flexibility and he became the european champ in shotokan.He moved from belgium to usa to get a acting career.He worked in factories and as a taxi driver before he got his 1st big break in movies.He has also studies tae kwon do,karate,kung fu and kickboxing.

I put the long story short :smile:

When you put water into a cup,it becomes the cup.When you put water in a T-Pot,it becomes the T-Pot..be water my friend!!

I just read the taezee link that she gave..lolz..i was right about the stuff..:smile:

When you put water into a cup,it becomes the cup.When you put water in a T-Pot,it becomes the T-Pot..be water my friend!!

No Retreat, No Surrender! Awesome. One of the best of the bad movies. Van Damme's best moment is when the kid is about to kick his ass and proclaims "Let's see how you do in a real fight. . . . Russian!

Van Damme does a double take, he's so insulted, before attacking in a blind fury. The lesson we can learn from this, kids?

Apparently, Russians are so ashamed of being Russians that even to mention their national origin sends them into a blind fury! :lol:

Aw, who cares? He's fun to watch. I don't worry about it much beyond that.

I find it interesting that no one cares that everybody who ever touched a gun in a film, with the exception of "Way of the Gun," did it stupidly and generally in ways that would cause them to shoot their own noses off. We don't care that they have either little or no training in how to use a gun or how to fight with or against a gun.

But let someone who is not actually a black belt play one in the movies, and the internet erupts. :wink:

Ya'll think Tom Cruise can fly an F14? Same principle.

* Ignorant Taekwondo beginner.

http://www.thefiringline.com