• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Should ESPN and Major Networks Cover Martial Arts More?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The other night ESPN or ESPN 2 had the ISKA on all night. I was flipping back and forth between that and Family Ties on Nick at Night. I love that show. Well one thing led to another next thing I knew neither was going off and the sun was comming up. Great night but I had a bad next day. LOL

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

:karate: Totally, Football players and other ESPN covered sports players, get to watch how it SHOULD be done. We should get to watch the pros. Everyone's always asking me " Why don't you watch football alot or wrestling?" If it interested me that much to watch it, I'd be doing it instead of karate. What is up with WWF or WWE. It kind of bothers me that they don't do real stuff. it's about as real as a soap opera, and still deemed a sport, but karate has taken years for that title, and it's still not called a normal sport, but an extreme sport. Aren't all sports extreme? What does extreme mean? you could get hurt? Isn't that true for watching t.v if u fall off the couch? How come that isn't an "extreme sport?"

Then again, people might take it in the wrong way, like it's condonig violence, when it's doing the opposite. I do karate and don't believe in violence, but have been forced to use it in life threatening sitchuations, or when my instincts use it for me. Still, I'm hooked, so WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM ESPN?? :razz:

Dee C.

Normal ( 'nor-m&l)-

an adj. used by humans to stereotype

Last night at about 3am they had the Noth American K1 fights. M. Smith who won a UFC or 2 won it. I was up all night again. LOL.....

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."