• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Should ESPN and Major Networks Cover Martial Arts More?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The press did kill the UFC when if first started.

ESPN does cover a lot of breaking, and kickboxing events (ISKA).

I would like to see more but it is not a mainstream sport and probably never will be.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

Yeah I think it would be great if ESPN or any other large sports channel covered more martial arts events. Every now and then ESPN covers past K-1 events, or kickboxing matches, but it's always late at night. I don't see how they differ from boxing events.

Di'DaDeeeee!!!

Mind of Mencia

I wish they would. I would like to see the whole ISKA/US Open on TV instead of bits and pieces of it. It was on for three hours the other night, but it was 3 in the morning, and I missed it :mad:

As far as the press, if they show stuff like the US open (not some hyped up fake MA stuff) in it's purest form, the public will like it, and hopefully won't get the wrong idea of MA. The UFC was killed by the press. They made it out to be like wrestling (I hate wrestling LOL). And I'd like to see more K-1 also.

Laurie F

I think that if it's going to end up glamorizing violence the way UFC did, leave it out.

In all truth, the best fight you'll ever get short of a busted nose is videogames.

DOA 3 (not for kids, but great martial arts)

Soul Calibur 2 (out soon)

The Street Fighter series (the big daddy of all fighting games)

Virtrua Fighter 4 (best of the best)

From these four, you will get an excellent and accurate, if exaggerated, feel of the martial arts, and the fights are unrivaled. Better than seeing a couple of half-naked guys rolling around on a mat.

d-:-o-:-)-:-(-:-o-:-P

I was just looking at the ESPN2 schedule for the US Open. 4am ?!?!?!?!?! Eeeeekkkkk. We should gripe to get them to put back on friday nights at 11 (maybe earlier). Plus they showed 3 hours worth the other night, but it was 4 in the morning ..... ggggrrrrrrr :kaioken: I worte a "gripe" email to them already :grin: We all should. You agree?

Laurie F