• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

BBB Approved Ads!?!

This is of my own opinion, but, when I saw the tag-line within an ad from a Dojo in my town, I kinda laughed.

"This Advertisement is approved by the Better Business Bureau!" This is about the funniest thing I've ever seen in an advertisement from a school of the martial arts. Why? Having the BBB approve one's advertisment is akin to having a white belt approve a black belt. Not only is it ridiculus as well as meaningless; it's an oxymoron!

Funny and/or dissappointing, all at the same time, is what schools of the martial arts will do to get any edge with future laymen students in this economical downturn.

Ask any Lawyer about the BBB and they'll tell you that the BBB is a waste of time and not worth the effort to have BBB backing/support; especially in a court of law.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

It sounds to me like they are reaching for some accredited advertising. Anymore, customers like to see that kind of thing, even if they have no idea what they are looking at. Like Chris Farley said in Tommy Boy, it makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside.

I wouldn't mind something like that - to me it says "I may not know what they're teaching, but as far as we know, their billing is legit."

"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - Baleia

Yeah, I don't really see a problem with it. BBB is about customer service more than anything. It's not the most important thing in the world, but you'd prefer people not complain to them about you, than the opposite, I presume.

It sounds to me like they are reaching for some accredited advertising. Anymore, customers like to see that kind of thing, even if they have no idea what they are looking at. Like Chris Farley said in Tommy Boy, it makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside.

I wouldn't mind something like that - to me it says "I may not know what they're teaching, but as far as we know, their billing is legit."

Yeah, I don't really see a problem with it. BBB is about customer service more than anything. It's not the most important thing in the world, but you'd prefer people not complain to them about you, than the opposite, I presume.

Well...ok?!?!

:spitlaugh:

**Proof is on the floor!!!