• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

So... Who's Seen the Star Trek Movie?

Patrick

Thoughts? I've heard a lot of great things.

Director JJ Abrams said he's open to including Khan and/or William Shatner in a sequel:

http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1611523/story.jhtml

Also in this article, two writers behind the filn talk about a proposed Shatner scene that had been talked about but, in the end, decided against.

Via Digg.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I did. And loved it. And I'm a big fan from way back, especially of the original series.

Sure, it was different, but skirting around all the established Trek history will allow them to do something fresh and, if the first movie is any indication, appropriately reverent. They also pulled it off in a way that I think most Trek fans will buy into. They've been throwing around the term "alternate realities" for about 30 years now.

I'd love to see a Khan in the sequel. He's definitely the best baddie they've put to screen.

Good to hear. :) I might check it out eventually. I'm not a Star Trek fan, have never seen any of the movies or TV shows except a handful of the original. :)

Patrick

I'm a big sci-fi geek. I've probably seen just about every Star Trek TV episode, but I could have missed one or two of the movies.

I enjoyed it, but not as much as I had hoped. Maybe my expectations were too high. I went after hearing others raving about it. It had some great elements, and I liked how they didn't feel the need to stick with established Star Trek plot lines and how they explained the inconsistencies, but I thought some things didn't work very well. It was good though.

For me, it was definitely worth going to, especially since it plays better on the big screen than it would on my little TV. It was around $50 for me, my wife, her son, and our snacks!

John - ASE Martial Arts Supply

https://www.asemartialarts.com