• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

My Journey in Tae Kwon Do

I received my blue belt in ITF TKD recently and I was happy with it. However, I wondered why it took so long for me to get this. I then started to think about the journey that I have had through Tae Kwon Do.

My first school was in Rockville, MD, USA, in a side room (like a garage) in a gym with a very nice instructor. I was able to get to yellow belt before the instructor had to close the school because he was having back surgery and the building was torn down.

I then moved to a different school in Rockville, MD and started again. I then managed to grade up to green belt and then moved to England.

I then tried a few schools and finally settled on one in Long Eaton, between Nottingham & Derby, England.

However, because I had previously been training in WTF and this was ITF, I then had to start again.

As I have stated previously, I now have my blue belt and am happy with it.

Would I change anything about my journey so far? I guess not. :)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Congrats on the promotion. :karate:

Sometimes, life little twists and turns have an affect on our training, and at times, this can be for the better. Its great to see that you have stuck with it, even with jumping around like you have.