• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Chi Knockouts

ryukasagi

I know tallgeese used to say this a lot, and he's right on about it; pressure point attacks are another tool to add to the toolbox. They can be useful, but shouldn't be the only thing in the toolbox.

Absolutely!! Mainly because pressure points don't always work for one reason or another. Whenever a point doesn't react as it should, you better gave an immediate plan 'B' or 'C' or something.

I've trained in Kyusho Jitsu forever, and I believe in it for cause, however, as in anything that's MA, sometimes plan 'A' doesn't always work for one reason or another.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know tallgeese used to say this a lot, and he's right on about it; pressure point attacks are another tool to add to the toolbox. They can be useful, but shouldn't be the only thing in the toolbox.

Absolutely!! Mainly because pressure points don't always work for one reason or another. Whenever a point doesn't react as it should, you better gave an immediate plan 'B' or 'C' or something.

I've trained in Kyusho Jitsu forever, and I believe in it for cause, however, as in anything that's MA, sometimes plan 'A' doesn't always work for one reason or another.

Absolutely! Well said. The same can be said with joint locks. I am a huge fan of joint locks, but in the end they, along with Kyusho Jitsu, and strike, and kicking, and throwing, are all tools.

Godan in Ryukyu Kempo

Head of the Shubu Kan Dojo in Watertown, NY

(United Ryukyu Kempo Alliance)

Absolutely! Well said. The same can be said with joint locks. I am a huge fan of joint locks, but in the end they, along with Kyusho Jitsu, and strike, and kicking, and throwing, are all tools.

Solid point!!

A MAists bag of tricks hold one effective tool or another; the more in ones bag of tricks, the more ones chance to walk away unscathed.

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Pressure points are not some kind of mystical phenomenon despite what some have made them out to be. They are merely the result of detailed knowledge of the human body. Such knowledge is accessible to anyone who has studied anatomy to any degree. Basically, they are areas of nerve concentrations on the bodies that can be exploited in fighting/defense. Techniques aimed at these areas are common in every martial arts system.