• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Chi Knockouts

ryukasagi

Hi, i was just wondering what you guys think about Chi Knockouts that people like George Dillman claim to do? :-?

Personally i think they're bogus but i'd like to hear your opinions on them and any evidence you have for them.

Thanks.

Currently a Blue Belt in AKKI Kenpo

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally i'd agree that they seem exceedingly hokey - they remind me of hypnosis things, where the practitioners convince themselves they can be KOed by doing certain things, then lo and behold their training buddies KO them. I don't actively disbelieve meridian and pressure point concepts per se, but I would expect them to be something that you have to actually physically disrupt to have much effect, if they're there. My art doesn't recognize them that i've seen; it follows a completely different worldview as regards vital force.

"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - Baleia

I really don't see them as legit as the way they are usually described. It's just my opinion.

If they do work, and I've seen some convincing anecdotal evidence from some select lines, I think it's do to physiological issues with neural disruption that centers around the precision of the strikes. Not some sort of mystical force.

Now, some things I've seen are painful and I've seen guys get knocked pretty silly, but the trade off in training time needed for such precision at speed is usually a deal breaker in my mind. I can train a hook punch to efficiency much quicker than a series of pressure point attacks. And it's end result is the same.

Not to mention that you have to look at the possibility of nerve strikes not affecting a certain percentage of the population. Even nerve strike guys will admit that. Whereas a hook punch (or any other, I'm using an example here) will work about the same on anyone.

Still, as I age I might give it a longer look. I don't know that I'll be able to train the way I do now at 50. We'll see. It might bear looking into then as a way to keep training.

I personally don't believe that it works. Just think , if they were real every fighter out there would be training in them. Not to take away from the concept of it being possible, I guess if you believe it will work on you it probably will, whereas if you don't believe it probably won't .

Semper Fi , Dave

Its bogus to me as well. as to pressure points, yeah some of them work I guess. but in any case, I wouldn't really try to apply them myself in a fight.

You must become more than just a man in the mind of your opponent. -Henri Ducard

Pressure points are kind of hit or miss, what might work on one individual may not work on another. Not a chance I'd be willing to take in a SD situation.

Semper Fi , Dave

I don't buy into the Chi knockouts or "touchless" KOs.

Concussions happen when the brain bounces off the wall of the skull from sudden impacts. I don't see this happening without some form of contact. And as far as using other points on the body to cause knockouts, I just haven't seen enough of to buy into them.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi, i was just wondering what you guys think about Chi Knockouts that people like George Dillman claim to do? :-?

Personally i think they're bogus but i'd like to hear your opinions on them and any evidence you have for them.

Thanks.

I don't believe in them. Once Mr. Dillman said he uses his chi abilities to move people out of line at Starbucks so that he could be in front of the line. Okie dokie!

Does chi exist? I believe that it does, but, that's it! How it exists and why it exists, I'm not convinced/sure about. We humans have an aura that surrounds us, but we're a form of energy, so how hard is it to display that aura on scientific monitors/insturments?

:o

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• 6 months later...

I would have to say, I imagine it works on some people. The only reason I say this is because the mind make people react funny.

Think about it. Voodoo is useless against people who don't believe in it.

however those who believe strongly are affected by curses.

It is simply the mind that governs. So If you believe in the so called CHI KNOCKOUT, I imagine it may work on you.