• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

There's Someone Always...

sensei8

In the Martial Arts, there's someone always...

*Better than you

*Worse than you

*Equal with you

*Faster than you

*Slower than you

*Practicing something

*Practicing when you're not

*Discovering something new

*Discovering something beneficial

*Discarding what's ineffective

*Ruining the bueaty that is the Martial Arts

*Creating something for the betterment of the Martial Arts

*In better shape than you

*More powerful than you

*Knows more than you

*Knows less than you

*Understands more than you

*Seeks out more than you

*More/Less spiritual than you

*More/Less philosophic than you

*More in tune than you

*More out of tune than you

*More up to date than you

*More behind the times than you

*More/Less optimistic than you

*More/Less pessimistic than you

*More/Less tenacious than you

*More/Less flexible than you

*Stronger than you

*More/Less stamina than you

Please add to my opening list!

Get the meaning/point? This list could go on for awhile, therefore, always expand your knowledge, for knowledge is far greater than rank. Never be satisfied; always seek to improve in every shape, way, and/or form.

:)

**(Patrick, I wasn't sure which forum this topic would be more suited for, therefore, I placed it in the Karate forum. If I've erred, could you please move it to its proper forum. Thanks, Bob)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Its tough to argue with you here, Bob. One of the things that tournaments tend to do is motivate people through some of these findings. You see who is better, and it makes you want to work harder.

I like the post Sensei8 lol... I've delt with this so much, not just with Karate, but Archery, Table Tennis, Guitar, Automotive, etc... I'm pretty much expert level in all of these, yet the second the above words come out of my mount, it's:

* I knew so-and-so that was the best mechanic in the nation - but they didn't know that I was a Master ASE Mechanic, and also used to be a Senior Product Engineer (Powertrain Group) for the Toyota National Headquarters for 13 years.

* I knew so-and-so that could pull your heart out with his hand - not knowing my obvious back-ground (which you all already know what that is) and their claim is just about imposible...

* I knew so-and-so and they were the champion of _______ (insert county or state here) - not knowing that I've played tournament Table Tennis since I was about 12 years old, currently coach/teach table tennis, and am world known for my custom composite table tennis blades (paddle portion without the rubber) that many true champions and olympic teams have used...

* I'm playing some classical guitar, and someone comes up, interupts (while playing Bach or something as difficult... How rude lol...) and says I play and my favorite key is "B#" and I know so-and-so that plays Bach with only two fingers - Not knowing that I'm president of a Guitar Society, had an instructor that truly studied with some of the top classical guitarists in the world, and whom is better than whom is not at all what music is about anyhow...

I never say a word, because it's obviously a total waste of breath to even respond or acknowledge a response to the stupidity... lol

- Killer -

Mizu No Kokoro

Shodan - Nishiyama Sensei

Table Tennis: http://www.jmblades.com/

Auto Weblog: http://appliedauto.mypunbb.com/

Auto Forum: http://appauto.wordpress.com/

* I knew so-and-so and they were the champion of _______ (insert county or state here) - not knowing that I've played tournament Table Tennis since I was about 12 years old, currently coach/teach table tennis, and am world known for my custom composite table tennis blades (paddle portion without the rubber) that many true champions and olympic teams have used...Killer -

I am sure I am going to get my wrist slapped here; for taking this off topic, but,” when I were a lad”, we used "bats" to play ping-pong (as it was called then), when did they become "blades"?

That said, "Blades" sound a lot sexier though ;)

Getting back on topic, isn't the fact that there is always people better than you one of your drivers?

It is for me but, after all, we all know that thinking that you are the best is rather "short-sighted", when actually being the best would be a bit boring wouldn't it?

WNM

"A lot of people never use their initiative.... because no-one told them to" - Banksy

https://www.banksy.co.uk

In knowing oneself as one does; Is it ok to accept our limitations, therefore, becoming complacent with our new found results as ours alone?

For me, I would have to answer this question with a big fat NO! Why? For me, this complacent attitude steals from us the will to "see just what's out there for me" and in this, I don't become stagnate/stale.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

It's actually always been called "Blades." This is the portion without the rubber on it. The "Bat" is when the Blade and Rubber is attached together. BTW, most Blades run in the $75 - $130 range. Rubbers range from $30 - $75 "per side..." Pro equipment that is. My custom composite blades are a steal at $90 each.

I know, we're getting a little off topic there lol...

As far as people being better, I've never look at things that way. There are goals of people exhibiting technique that is excellent to aspire to, but I really look at it from a perspective to respect people that have the time to dedicate themselves to achieve such a level. But it doesn't mean that I can't achieve that level myself...

- Killer -

* I knew so-and-so and they were the champion of _______ (insert county or state here) - not knowing that I've played tournament Table Tennis since I was about 12 years old, currently coach/teach table tennis, and am world known for my custom composite table tennis blades (paddle portion without the rubber) that many true champions and olympic teams have used...Killer -

I am sure I am going to get my wrist slapped here; for taking this off topic, but,” when I were a lad”, we used "bats" to play ping-pong (as it was called then), when did they become "blades"?

That said, "Blades" sound a lot sexier though ;)

Getting back on topic, isn't the fact that there is always people better than you one of your drivers?

It is for me but, after all, we all know that thinking that you are the best is rather "short-sighted", when actually being the best would be a bit boring wouldn't it?

WNM

Mizu No Kokoro

Shodan - Nishiyama Sensei

Table Tennis: http://www.jmblades.com/

Auto Weblog: http://appliedauto.mypunbb.com/

Auto Forum: http://appauto.wordpress.com/