• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

An interesting hypothetical

A bar fight is not much different. They are lucky to have left alive. If they lost the fight, that isn't the point. The point would be if they were the one who STARTED the fight, not if they defended themselves and lost (or won).

In my opinion, there are no winners and losers anyway in a street fight.

"Never argue with an idiot because they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ~ Dilbert

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There, imho, is no "right/wrong" answer. Why? It's a hypothetical situation, therefore, we can play "what ifs" until the cows jump over the moon. We've our morals and the like, but, they're ours individually, whether we concur or not. Having said that, "what ifs" can do nothing but drive us crazy as to different situations. Although this is good to contemplate about one situation to another so that we can "speculate" as to what it is that we would do; this helps us to be prepared for "what ifs" and when the "what ifs" come to bear fruit.

:)

Edited by sensei8

**Proof is on the floor!!!

In my opinion, there are no winners and losers anyway in a street fight.

I agree with you. There is only things to loose in a fight. You'll never win anything.

But, as my Sen Sei always says: if you HAVE to get in a fight... make sure the other one ends in the hospital eating with a straw for a couple of weeks.

That's an interesting question I've never really considered. But it probably depends on why you've joined martial arts in the first place. I'd stick with my sensei, even if I attacked the attacker from a different direction with a bar stool and the original attackers buddies beat us all up. Sure karate should make us better fighters, but we're all fallible. My sensei's a bit past his prime, and while he's much more subtle than me his reactions, strength and stamina aren't what they used to be. But he knows a ton and has a lot to teach.