• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Most intense training session?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Ok this isnt an MA experince, but im going to share it anyways. Back when I played football we were in te championships and it was the last practice we had before the championships so the coach decided to practice us extra hard. We had to this drill on the track where we jog untill he blows the whistle and then we have to sprint back to where the coach was, then drop and do 20 pushups, then get back up and start jogging again untill he blew the whistle again... Whew that was the hardest workout of my life.... except for this one other time... lol ill share that one later.

I have to say today's felt intense..

5 min warm up of just take downs, I was fine with that. Then we started rolling, I did one 5min round where I went HARD.. I started feeling pretty sick in the middle of it and by the time I finished and got outside I was ready to spew & I did. I sat around for 15min, then I rolled again, I thought I would be fine since I just spewed, so I went HARD again, by the time I was finished I was ready to spew again and I did! I felt terrible at this point, physically and mentally. Physically I was shaking and I layed down with my eyes closed, mentally I felt awful too. My head & body felt really hot and it's relatively cold at the moment (I didn't even wanna get out of bed it was so cold), I had to take my gi and socks off to cool down. It felt really bad, 'cause mentally I felt regret for going so hard and I've got these thoughts racing through my mind, maybe this isn't for me, I'm gonna quit, I don't wanna do this anymore. Probably took me another 20min to recover this time, 'cause I didn't spew untilI drank some cordial which brought up fluids from what I thought was an empty stomach! I didn't have anything to eat before I went, because the preceeding week I chucked up my breakfest. After that, I rolled again and I was fine.. The training session wasn't intense, it just FELT intense, but it was also pretty rewarding 'cause I got a guard pass I've been working on down pact and I could see my wrestling come together.

It takes sacrifice to be the best.

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

Without question the first time I tried Thai and Gracie Ju-Jitsu.

Tony Mahon was a friend of mine I trained with for a few years on and off. He trained under Carlos Gracie or one of his schools at least. He also spent some time in Thailand.

He wanted to learn some kata to balance his style out and I wanted some hard core stuff or so I thought. Well night one I did kata with him. No big deal. Did a few Heian's he had a LOT of trouble with them. Which shocked me. The next night is when I was in for it.

I came in and he said pad up. So I did. He said are you ready? I said for what? He said we're going to fight. I was like ok. So we started. I have spared a lot of people from other schools and ALWAYS held my own. However he was not a normal fighter. He was a FIGHTER!!!. I had taken many leg kicks before this but he really threw them. After about 15 kicks I could not stand one my left leg or kick with it. LOL. Now I was about 60 lbs heavier than him at this time so I thought I’m going to rush and tackle him. Not a good idea. As I came in he under hooked me and I got suplexed. I mean WWF pro wrestling type suplex. As I hit I thought I was going to die. I still can see my feet going past the lights. I did not have long to think I was dead because as soon as I hit he flipped over on my and applied a X choke. Which I tapped out really fast. This fight may have lasted 5 mins. from the time we touched gloves to the time I tapped the floor.

After that he calmed it down a bit and I learned a lot from him the hard way. When we had sessions I would think man I need to be sick today. However when I left I was like man I’m so glad I did that today.

Sensei Mahon is by far the best fighter I have been around. He went with the Gracie clan to the 3rd UFC as did a lot of the students. I have not seen him in a few years but he was the one who woke me up to what real fighting was about and how simple it is.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

[ This Message was edited by: G95champ on 2002-07-14 01:43 ]

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."