• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Ideas Wanted for New Features/Sections at KarateForums.com!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the strategy/battle tactics forum idea as well.

What about a "my art vs your" forum? Just to keep it all out of the others :grin:

Some other ideas:

- Martial Arts History

- Western Martial Arts (traditional)

- Cross Training/mixed styles

- Indian Martial Arts

- Equipment, eg different training devices, plans for making stuff.

- Budo/Bujutsu Philosophy

- Classifieds - gear/equipment for sale

KarateForums.com - Sempai

Ideas noted.

Maybe you could elaborate on each of your forum ideas (what would go in each one, more indepth and how it would fit into the site).

A classifieds section may be considered.

Thanks for the ideas. :smile:

I'm not saying you NEED all of these - just trying to brainstorm and come up with interesting stuff.

- Martial Arts History

This would involve discussions on history of various arts, where they came from, historical but largely extinct styles, lineages, relationship between arts as you look back in history, etc.

- Western Martial Arts (traditional)

A forum for discussion of traditional western martial arts, both armed and unarmed. It wouldn't be for "modern" sport arts like fencing or boxing, but attempts to revive authentic medieval/rennaisance sword fighting, say. Plus things like old style bare knuckle boxing, savate, catch-as-can wrestling, or medieval unarmed combat. (Not rennaisance fairs or historical 'reinactment', though, as that is entertainment, not martial arts.)

- Cross Training/mixed styles

A forum for questions on mixing arts, where the specific forum might not be clear. Ideas on which arts go well together, which arts have already "borrowed" techniques, and from where, etc.

- Indian Martial Arts

Martial arts originating from India, such as Gatka, Kalari Payatt, Thang-Ta and Silambam.

- Equipment, eg different training devices, plans for making stuff.

Just what it sounds like. Possibly covered under "training" already.

- Budo/Bujutsu Philosophy

A forum for discussion of budo philosophy and ideas, not related to one specific art. Ideas and princples behind all martial arts, warrior "mind", etc.

KarateForums.com - Sempai

Thank you for going into detail.

Your ideas will definitely be considered. :smile:

Budo philosophy would fall into the "doctrines" category of a Doctrines/Strategies/Tactics forum.

It is ones philosophies that father strategy and by extension, tactics.

Also, I like the idea of a "my art can beat up your art" forum! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ti-Kwon-Leap

"Annoying the ignorant since 1961"

Thanks for the post.

As far as images in signatures are concerned, one day we may allow small ones, but right now... none.

If you are speaking of avatars (pictures under a persons user name on their posts) - then yes, we will have those after the upgrade. :smile: