• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Ideas Wanted for New Features/Sections at KarateForums.com!

Hello everyone.

In the coming months, we will be launching new features, new sections and new stuff in general. :smile: We have many things planned.

What I would like to hear is if anyone out there has a unique and cool idea for a new section/feature at KarateForums.com.

I am open to any - don't be shy! :smile:

Thanks.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to see a section devoted to tactics and strategies.

The section could include discussion on the underlying beliefs that help shape our respective strategies and consequently tactics.

I feel we have much to exchange in this area.

Ti-Kwon-Leap

"Annoying the ignorant since 1961"

Thanks for the responses.

On 2002-07-06 17:53, XpOiSoN FrEeX wrote:

what about an adivise forum? where you can ask aabout anything from techneques to homework? or a religion forum?

Well, couldn't a technique fit into a category of arts and then be asked in that apropriate forum? Religion kind of goes into Serious Discussion and is such an arguable debate that I would rather not let it have its own forum.

On 2002-07-06 19:49, Ti-Kwon-Leap wrote:

I would like to see a section devoted to tactics and strategies.

The section could include discussion on the underlying beliefs that help shape our respective strategies and consequently tactics.

I feel we have much to exchange in this area.

Could tactics be fit into their respective art categories? Such as Grapping Art tactics, Karate tacticts, etc.? Just want to make sure that we have the most efficent setup. :smile:

It seems like many of have experience in more than one discipline.

I was hoping that there would be a single place where a broad range of styles could be examined and discussed, not only to broaden our defensive skills, but to gain a deeper understanding of the ideology that spawns strategies and tactics.

Maybe the Idea is too ambitious, but it's something I am interested in.

If it could possibly be incorporated or grouped with similar themes it may get more mileage.

I would want to make sure the interest was there, of course...

Any feedback is welcome, and by the way, thanks Patrick. :up:

Ti-Kwon-Leap

"Annoying the ignorant since 1961"

I like Ti-Kwon-Leap's idea of a doctrine/strategy/tactic forum. Practitioners of many different martial arts could go there to exchange sparring, randori, grapply tactics there with other practitioners of their own and other arts, thus broadening the individual's knowledge of strategy that they can implement to their own fighting.

I like that idea a lot. :smile:

Jack

Currently 'off' from formal MA training

KarateForums.com

Patrick you may remember when we were doing the Forum enhancements a couple of months ago (structuring the forums and their descrips) ... I suggested a separate Forum for Martial Arts Strategies/Training (tactics, techniques, etc.) and you had suggested we combine with Health & Fitness. (which I disagreed on but ....)

I am all for a Martial Arts "Training" /Strategy Forum .... and lets keep Health & Fitness solely for exercise, injury prevention with no threads on "how to perform high kicks, side kicks, sparring endurance ...etc"

I never did believe that this was the best forum to discuss MA technique.

Also ... we also did discuss a Member Feature last time we underwent enhancements. Do we want to reconsider this also?

KarateForums Sensei

1st dan Tae Kwon Do (ITF)

Cardio/Fitness Kickboxing Instr.

[ This Message was edited by: KickChick on 2002-07-07 10:36 ]

Okay, Ti-Kwon's idea has been noted and will be considered.

Deby - you suggested Training as far as I am concerned and not tactics. Training belongs in H and F.

What "Member Feature" are you speaking of?

I will send you a pm on this since the thread that refers to this suggestion of a MA Training/Strategies Forum is in the "Staff only" Forum .... Training means to "make fit" but in MA terms it also means "to instruct as to make proficient" .... like technique, strategies and sparring modifications. Because I "train" in the martial arts that doesn't mean I belong in a health and fitness class ... see?

The Member Feature refers to an idea kicker came up with earlier this year ("star of the month") featuring a member who gets rated overall by having the best informative posts, the most posts, etc.... get a special recognition of sorts.

KarateForums Sensei

1st dan Tae Kwon Do (ITF)

Cardio/Fitness Kickboxing Instr.

[ This Message was edited by: KickChick on 2002-07-07 13:23 ]