• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Amputee and his MMA debut

I think the guy he fought on one hand cut him alot of slack and on the other feared Maynard's wrestling ability. I feel after watching the fight in it entirety that his opponent could have mounted in assualt with punches that could have ended the fight quickly. Maynard could not get gloves secured to his arms so he was not allowed to strike. But again he was an awsome wrestler in highschool so that may have saved him. He no doubt survive three round in the cage and for that I applude him.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

To say the Kyle Maynard has heart is an understatement!

Here's a video link of his debut...Round 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFWCZJyP1vE

Round 2...

While his opponent stayed on his feet, Kyle was ineffective, therefore, if Kyle ever meets with any MMA like, Silva and the like, Kyle will be in a world of hurt. Why didn't Kyle's opponent close the distance, get all over him, and end this? Didn't want to come across as the one who took advantage over someone with a handicap.

Judges decision...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9SUfMwMHrs&NR=1

I truly don't know what this match was about, but, I respect his tenaciousness in getting in the cage. Those with full use of arms/legs won't get in the cage for anything!

Kyle at NAGA wrestling event...

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Something I was wondering about is whether or not there is a weight minimum for most sanctioned fights like that? I assume that he fought in the lightest weight category, but still, there had to be a huge weight descrepancy between the two, along with the height, reach, etc.

• 3 weeks later...

It's an easy read. By reading the book, you'll realize just how determined this guy is and you can tell how passionate he is for the sport of wrestling. I read the book to my then 6 year old son, who is a wrestler, and he loved it.