• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

With A Little Help From My Two Little Friends!

I'm, again, one to not like them a lot. Still, I've given you an example of real world, fully resistive use of them, Z. One of the two mentioned, actually. You've not addressed that to date.

Now, I'm the first to say that one should never judge a tool on one instance of use. Still, to ignore evidence and continue to point to ineffectivness is to POSSIBLY miss something of worth.

Situationally, mine might not be common but in that instance, a tool I had learned and classified as a tertiary skill came in handy. It's application way made not by luck but by practiced skill in application. Not improbable luck.

You have to look past the box of "most likely" to see the specific instances where these things can have value.

One example of this type of thing I like to site is small joint manipulation. Not a tool I use, or give much credence to in most cases due to the cost/benefit divide. BUT when dealing with an armed aggressor they become fantastic tools. Even I'll admit it, because the situation change.

Something to think about.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One example of this type of thing I like to site is small joint manipulation. Not a tool I use, or give much credence to in most cases due to the cost/benefit divide. BUT when dealing with an armed aggressor they become fantastic tools. Even I'll admit it, because the situation change.

Something to think about.

Yuib waza (finger locking) is great stuff in some situations, especially when you're handcuffing someone or want to get someone to stand up in a hurry without straining yourself.