• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Reaction Time Drills

Right, and i'm not exactly sure what you mean by "combat related" which did NOT describe the exercises listed. Could you please elaborate on the matter?

"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - Baleia

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Right, and i'm not exactly sure what you mean by "combat related" which did NOT describe the exercises listed. Could you please elaborate on the matter?

firstly, YES all the exercises listed by the previous posters were combat related, Bushido man gave me a good exercise on kick countering, Tallgeese listed a JKD book that proved very usefull, ty btw tallgeese. and DWX gave me a cool exercise as well which included sparring, all them are combat related....

You must become more than just a man in the mind of your opponent. -Henri Ducard

Muscle memory.... lots of practice will help you do the moves faster.

Exercises you can do are anything that makes you react fast. Make some stuff up.

Some that I do...

stand next to a wall and put your hands on it...then walk back as far as you can so your leaning to where you would hit your nose if you let go. Then try to clap your hands and catch yourself before you smash your nose into the wall! When you get faster try to clap multiple times.

When you get even faster try to do push ups...and drop and clap before you catch yourself on the ground.