• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What traditional weapon is the most effective now a days?

Espina

I see what Bob is getting at, but that is considering that your gun fight is happening at range. Contrary to popular belief, it doesn't work out that way. Where JusticeZero points out what tallgeese called the "21 foot rule" is also a good case, the fact of the matter is that most gun fights start at close range; I don't remember the stat, but my dad is a rangemaster, and he rattled it off for us once, and I thin right around 90% of fights involving a gun start at within 3 feet of each other. So, closing and drawing a knife isn't too absurd of an option to think of.

I do concur with all three of you...excellent points! I'd rather use neither because I'll more than likely cut myself or shoot myself...with my luck. But...if I had a choice...of the two...I still would prefer the gun, where, I'll more than likely get sliced and diced by a knife expert...I can't win for losing. So, I'll just RUN AS FAST AS I CAN!

Also, a knife can do some pretty horrific amounts of damage.

I don't doubt that a bit. Gun...Knife...whichever...someone's not going to have a good day when the smoke clears.

:)

Edited by sensei8

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another irony to consider is that the likelyhood that you will be attacked by a skilled knife fighter, or a highly skilled gunman, aren't all that high, either.

• 1 year later...

If you are carrying a gun, you are most likely:

A. a cop or

B. a gangster.

Let's say you are in the middle of a verbal altercation and see a person reach into their pocket. A mental alarm goes off. If you are a cop, the gun is on your hip in a holster. You should be able to draw, turn off safety and fire while backing away before being cut. If you're a gangster, the gun is probably tucked under your shirt in the waistband of your pants, which will take a split second longer to draw. During this time you will probably be maimed or killed.

Now lets assume that I want you dead for some reason you are not aware of. If I walk up to you making small talk with my hands in my pockets, pull the knife out when I'm 5 feet away and come at you, then you better be good at unarmed defense, because there is no way you can draw in time, cop or gangster.

The knife and gun fight thing is situational and will highly depend upon when both parties become aware that there is a fight of any kind in the first place.

I also don't believe there is such a thing as an unskilled knife fighter. Sure, a trained kali expert is more deadly than the average person, but anyone with a blade and murderous intent can kill you.

I think it was Musashi that said anyone can kill anyone at any time, for any reason.

My fists bleed death. -Akuma

Stick and knife are useful to know how to use. Also while learning how to use a knife, you learn how to defend against it, and that is useful. :up:

“One reason so few of us achieve what we truly want is that we never direct our focus; we never concentrate our power. Most people dabble their way through life, never deciding to master anything in particular.” -Anthony Robbins

• 5 months later...

A tactical folding knife under 4 inches is legal in most states. This is your best defense on the street.

In the event that you have to use your knife, you must contact the police immediately and explain that it was self defense during the 911 phone call. This information is recorded and explains your innocence. When they arrive on the scene follow the instructions of the officer.

This information was handed down to me by a martial artist who has worked in law enforcement and teaches police officers/correction officers.

https://www.bladesmartny.com - tactical knife fighting and street fighting self defense

• 1 month later...

Well if somone invaded my home i would pull out a katana or saya if they hand a knife or other weapon like that if they had a gun id pull out a gun, or katana.

I cjoose those because of personal prefance i also cary my saya in my car at all times and a pwn can be effetivly used to defend yourself