• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Soon to be 5th Kyu

Well I am going to be testing for 5th Kyu soon in KI Kajukenpo. (Thats green belt), and I thought I would talk about it since its been a while since I last tested for a rank in general (About two years, never had the time). Does anyone remember their leap into 5th Kyu (I ask this because most schools recognize a 5th kyu as an advances student). I have three dan level ranks already and im working on # 4. Kajukenpo is a extremely laid back art, its mostly self defense application and Oyo bunkai of the katas.

To fear death is to limit life - Xin Sarith Azuma Phan Wuku

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I remember my test for 5th Kyu.

1. my sensei made use take a physical test (a run). It wasn't really graded, he just wanted to make sure we had acceptable physical stamina

2. When changing into our gis, to my horror, I realized that I left my belt. My sensei, very kindly, allowed me to borrow an orange belt he'd brought for one of the students that tested and failed

3. Did every kata twice.

4. Since I was a bit of a nerd, and our head instructor was in town, my sensei made me answer some basic trivia about the history of karate. Nobody else rally had to do this.

5. Kumite

6. I failed this test. So did almost everybody else :P

That was about 7 years ago. I talked to my sensei recently about that, and he said that he fail me because he wanted to see how I reacted to failure.

And that I forgot my belt.

Green Belt, Chito-Ryu

Level II, US Army Combatives

https://www.chito-ryukempo.com

Oooh. My sensei already told me he is gonna be going harder on me than all the rest because I already have a couple of black belts so he said hes gonna have his eye on me at all times...and he told me to be ready for almost anything thats pops up... :-?

To fear death is to limit life - Xin Sarith Azuma Phan Wuku

• 1 month later...