• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Forum Upgrade

On Monday, the 8th, we will be pulling the site down in the late evening, Central Time (U.S.).

At this time, we will be upgrading our forum to include many new features, such as Polls, better post formatting and an enhanced Private Message System as well as many other small upgrades.

Assuming everything goes as planned, I hope to have the site back online by midnight (12:00 AM Tuesday).

After the upgrade, I will make a post with more details on the upgrades. The site will also look very different from what it normally looks like. We will be working to change this and I figure to be all settled in with the new software within 1 week.

Thank you for your patience during this time, it will be a definite improvement upon the site.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the belts may not be there right away, but they will be within the week.

All forums, post counts and members will be perfectly preserved, yes. :smile:

I'd say that we are most likely sticking with our current look. Although, maybe we could change the background and the posting areas. Possibly... we'll see. :smile:

I like the colors. Perhaps something where you could choose the site colors would be good. Ya know, like where you could change how the site looks on your comp under your preferances? Ive seen some forums that do that. Just a thought.

I like the gray on gray it don't hurt my eyes. Unlike a lot of black on white boards do.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

On 2002-07-05 22:50, Blade13 wrote:

I like the colors. Perhaps something where you could choose the site colors would be good. Ya know, like where you could change how the site looks on your comp under your preferances? Ive seen some forums that do that. Just a thought.

Yes, we can do that. And it is an idea. :smile: However... there is a flaw or two. For one, we can't make the whole site look two ways. We can make JUST the forums have a different look or two though.

Bad news. The person that was going to help us... his computer crashed and he lost everything.

The forum upgrade is postponed indefinitely. I will post when I know when we are going to upgrade.

Thanks.