• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Whats your Favorite weapon and Why?

Traymond

My favorite weapon is the 22 rifle,the key to all marksmenship which made me world class in two sports, both Karate and Shooting, and it looks like the crossbow is next.

Other wise it is the Katana, the most deadly close in weapon ever.

• 1 month later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other than a shoe? Which really is a weapon in a lot of ways, when you start using the structure of the shoe to better advantage with your striking form..

Call me a brute, but i've always had a warm fuzzy for a generic club. Bat, baton, heavy stick, flashlight doesn't matter. Something heavy and easy to improvise, and the mechanics are pretty straightforward.

Big 5+D flashlights are fun in their own right with their complete legality and practicality out of combat, and then you have a nice club that you can use for blocking or restraints that has the advantage that in a ready position, you can knock out a good chunk of an attacker's visibility.

It's pretty easy for me to find improvised weapons in a pinch though, that's one of the reason we do all those cartwheels all over the place, so we can grab dirt and sticks and rocks and things. I don't really carry much that would make a good weapon, and so I don't really train with exotics that I won't have.

"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - Baleia

• 1 month later...
Other than a shoe? Which really is a weapon in a lot of ways, when you start using the structure of the shoe to better advantage with your striking form..

Call me a brute, but i've always had a warm fuzzy for a generic club. Bat, baton, heavy stick, flashlight doesn't matter. Something heavy and easy to improvise, and the mechanics are pretty straightforward.

Big 5+D flashlights are fun in their own right with their complete legality and practicality out of combat, and then you have a nice club that you can use for blocking or restraints that has the advantage that in a ready position, you can knock out a good chunk of an attacker's visibility.

It's pretty easy for me to find improvised weapons in a pinch though, that's one of the reason we do all those cartwheels all over the place, so we can grab dirt and sticks and rocks and things. I don't really carry much that would make a good weapon, and so I don't really train with exotics that I won't have.

So I am not the only one wearing Marine Jungle Boots and with a Mag-light in the car?

"Karate is NOT about the colour of belt you wear it is about the person you become;...to be a good blackbelt is to be humble and respectful amongst other things." -Dobbersky

• 4 weeks later...

Tough to say, I love kobudo. I've trained with bo, sai, tonfa, nunchaku, kama, sword, knife, and kubotan/yawara. Can't say I necessarily prefer any over the others, I think they're all worth training in and I enjoy every moment of it.

Some form of assault rifle if i lived in fantasy land where i could own such weaponry...

Real world: Meat Cleaver as it is easily availiable and is designed to cut flesh

"The only purpose for which power can be rightfully exercised over any member of a civilised community , against his will, is to prevent harm to others" (J.S Mill, On Liberty; 135)

my fave weapons are bo staff and katana... I have made my own bo staff and have bought a copy of the katana used in the movie The Last Samurai :)

Staff is very practical, it has many uses besides fighting... and I heard that katana is the most perfect sword (even if that is not true, it would still be my #1 blade) :)

Not trying to sound condescending;

In actuality, there is no such thing as a "bo staff". This would be like saying ATM machine (Automatic Teller Machine Machine)

That said, a short cudgel is more practical than a bo.

The drawback of the bo, is area needed.

And Spain had its share of fine quality sword making. Also to mention Damascus steel is highly prized.

The Katana is not so perfect and it is made from two parts.

• 3 months later...
My Favorite is the Sai because its one of the weapons thats the hard for the Xma people to be able to make them "showy". And its one of the hardest to figure out as well, its I think is the only weapon thats still fought over whether it started off as a weapon or was it a cultivation tool?. And its heavy enough where you dont need to use alot of strength just momentum. BUt it can also give you one heck of a work out.

That's funny 'cause my girl friend loves the sia but doesn't like doing it for tournaments because most the judges don't know how to judge it.