• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Whats your Favorite weapon and Why?

Traymond

My Favorite is the Sai because its one of the weapons thats the hard for the Xma people to be able to make them "showy".

Nope, XMA can't show off with flashy moves, but they could if they knew the weapon. Also, Tonfa isn't that easy to incorporate into an XMA routine, but they could if they knew the weapon.

Nonetheless, every weapon of the Martial Arts can be incorporated into any XMA routine. Why? It's not because of the lack of the weapon that doesn't fit into an XMA routine. It's the lack of the practitioner who weilds any given Martial Arts weapon; maturity in any given weapon must be reached first before one can demonstrate the weapons true bueaty and effectiveness.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah Excellent wording. What do you propose is the true beauty of the weapons, in your own beauty?

To fear death is to limit life - Xin Sarith Azuma Phan Wuku

Ah Excellent wording. What do you propose is the true beauty of the weapons, in your own beauty?

This may sound a bit crude, but the beauty in weaponry is in its killing efficiency. After all, there isn't really any other reason to be weilding a weapon. No, one does not have to kill when weilding a weapon, but I believe it is this intrigue that is the lure of a sword to so many people.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't really pick a favorite weapon.

I am most partial to katanas, rapiers, tonfas, nunchucks and staffs. But even that is a quite wide spectrum. I'm not sure I can even explain why I feel that way about them.

I prefer the nunchaku. It's not the most effective long range weapon but it's a whole lot of fun. I must admit I like it because it's flashy. But there are also two very practical aspects. First, it is argueably the fastest of the traditional weapons. Second, all those flashy twirls can be impressive enough to make an opponent hesitate or even withdraw altogether. This is most desireable since one of the first things we all learn about fighting is to avoid one if possible.

Paranoia is not a fault. It is clarity of the world around us.

• 3 weeks later...

Bo most definitely. a 6' bo has range, and if used right can go from offense to defense quite easily

There is little honor in going down. There is no honor in going down without a fight. --- Victory dwells in the individual, not the style

Not exactly a karateka weapon, but I was just practicing with it the other day and forgot how much fun it was: the kusari fundo. Nothing like a length of chain with a weight on each end to ruin someone's weekend.