• 1 month later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty fond of Tekko. They're incredibly easy to manipulate and can be deadly if used correctly. They're super fast and hurt a ridiculous amount.

I'm beginning to like Sai more and more as I get more comfortable with them. They're increasing my hand and wrist dexterity which I hope will help me with the more advanced kama kata.

Another thing I like about tekko is that you can keep at least one with you at all times and if anyone asks you can say that it's a napkin holder :wink: Honestly though, as a 19 year old female college student...I'm thinking about putting a tekko in my backpack next semester. They're small and fast.

"We do not do karate. We are karate." -Hanshi Doug Perry

my favorite weapon is prob anything that I can use to defend myself. pen, book, stick etc.. but my more favorite type of traditional weapon would have to the the samurai katana. always like them.

You must become more than just a man in the mind of your opponent. -Henri Ducard

I like the sai, and I have an ongoing fascination with the Eaku. I seriously need to find a teacher when I'm back in the US.

He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened.

- Tao Te Ching

"Move as swift as a wind, stay as silent as forest, attack as fierce as fire, undefeatable defense like a mountain."

- Sun Tzu, the Art of War

my fave weapons are bo staff and katana... I have made my own bo staff and have bought a copy of the katana used in the movie The Last Samurai :)

Staff is very practical, it has many uses besides fighting... and I heard that katana is the most perfect sword (even if that is not true, it would still be my #1 blade) :)

Humans say the Road to Hell is paved with good intentions. Why? Do they think there's a

shortage of bad ones?

Karm'Luk P'an Ku, "The Joy of Lucidity" CY 8633 (Andromeda)

What is a tekko?

There are a couple different kinds. I don't know if this is the one the OP was talking about, but my favorite one is the horseshoe based tekko.

http://www.okinawanweapons.com/tekko.html

He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened.

- Tao Te Ching

"Move as swift as a wind, stay as silent as forest, attack as fierce as fire, undefeatable defense like a mountain."

- Sun Tzu, the Art of War