• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Whats your Favorite weapon and Why?

Traymond

My Favorite is the Sai because its one of the weapons thats the hard for the Xma people to be able to make them "showy". And its one of the hardest to figure out as well, its I think is the only weapon thats still fought over whether it started off as a weapon or was it a cultivation tool?. And its heavy enough where you dont need to use alot of strength just momentum. BUt it can also give you one heck of a work out.

To fear death is to limit life - Xin Sarith Azuma Phan Wuku

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A firearm, but then again, I'm the non-traditionalist :) . One I've put lots of rounds thru and am comfortable with. It's got range, stopping ability, and it's highly conceilable.

Now, once we get away from that, it's the knife. Easily accessable, pretty much you can find one anywhere. Intuitive to use on a basic level. In most places, the legality of carrying one is very lax thus, you'll always have it on you. It dosn't draw attention and hides away nicely just about anywhere on your person.

Lastly, it's a stick of some sort. We have a touch of range and it grants you some different level choices when it comes to where you fall on use of force.

That's about the extent of the list for me.

Now, once we get away from that, it's the knife. Easily accessable, pretty much you can find one anywhere. Intuitive to use on a basic level. In most places, the legality of carrying one is very lax thus, you'll always have it on you. It dosn't draw attention and hides away nicely just about anywhere on your person.

Like a pocket knife or a stationary blade?.

I like the combination sword and shield. My shield of preference is a heater, one that is pretty good size. After that, I would want to spend time on the quarterstaff.

Traymond, as to what kind of blade, any will do and any function about the same.

I prefer, for day to day carry, some kind of folder. If it's a good thumb open, that's fine. I keep an auto open folder, a Smith and Wesson Black Ops, which is about the sharpest out of the box knife I've ever gotten. I won't use it as a tool. I will use the thumb open I keep in my car for prying and such.

At work, I'll keep a fixed blade in the inside aspect of my lead leg boot. I think it's a bit overkill, but that's just how I am. While working, I'll also keep a less than great thumb opener on me, because I'm far more likely to cut screen doors, pry stuff open, ect. with it.

Traymond, as to what kind of blade, any will do and any function about the same.

I prefer, for day to day carry, some kind of folder. If it's a good thumb open, that's fine. I keep an auto open folder, a Smith and Wesson Black Ops, which is about the sharpest out of the box knife I've ever gotten. I won't use it as a tool. I will use the thumb open I keep in my car for prying and such.

At work, I'll keep a fixed blade in the inside aspect of my lead leg boot. I think it's a bit overkill, but that's just how I am. While working, I'll also keep a less than great thumb opener on me, because I'm far more likely to cut screen doors, pry stuff open, ect. with it.

The officer I was talking about managed to stab his assailant with a boot knife to prevent him from disarming the officer, so I don't see that as overkill at all.

I'm in the same boat though, firearms and knives are my thing. Traditional-wise though, I really like the tonfa and the bo.

The tuifa/tonfa is good, extremely intimidating. Non traditionally my favorite would have to be...scissors...im serious

I have many many knives, and they tend to be my favorite.

My handy benchmade auto-opener saved my life when it scared away a crazed drug dealer.

I also have a large "combat" Kukri from Cold Steel. It is my favorite weapon of all time.

Green Belt, Chito-Ryu

Level II, US Army Combatives

https://www.chito-ryukempo.com

Eaku. Don't know why.

The katas of the Eiku are extremely beautiful.