• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Do my homework for me! No really!

Alot of samurai armor was made of iron (as per wikipedia).

Likely, it was just a way to show off.

Did it say prior to the meiji restoration?...Just wondering?

To fear death is to limit life - Xin Sarith Azuma Phan Wuku

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that after the meiji restoration they began to implement some chain mail like material to line the inside of the 'men', and the chains that linked the kote were metal as well as the ashi. But it was mostly bamboo throughout.

Alot of samurai armor was made of iron (as per wikipedia).

Likely, it was just a way to show off.

I'd agree here. I remember seeing a spot on The Human Weapon on the Pankration episode where it was being claimed that the practitioners would train their front thrusting kicks to break the shields of the soldiers they would face......I didn't really buy into that, either.

I know that after the meiji restoration they began to implement some chain mail like material to line the inside of the 'men', and the chains that linked the kote were metal as well as the ashi. But it was mostly bamboo throughout.

At any rate, if they felt that it offered some protection from blades, I don't think they were too worried about being punched through it.

At any rate, if they felt that it offered some protection from blades, I don't think they were too worried about being punched through it.

Have you ever done kitae against a bamboo "men". It shatters especially if you hit it with a sword. Let alone a full force punch. But its hard to really say what was what back then.

Since many of you were very kind and offered up opinions and other knowledge I'm happy to report back that I received a 98% on my demonstration speech!

So again, thank you all for your input and knowledge :)

I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance.

~Socrates

There is nothing impossible to him who will try.

~Alexander the Great